Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wants

Net-a-Porter is a very very bad place for me to go, I fall in love with wildly expensive things very easily, but when they're this pretty...




(Left) Christopher Kane is amazing. On this dress naturally its the print I think is divine, its a perfect example of taking something very simple and adding a twist which I think makes fashion so interesting.







That and sculptural shapes like this..which is Roland Mouret. I've always loved the look of material folded, origami-esque. Karen Millen does a good line in the same sort of silhouette, although normally with a more satin party girl spin.








DKNY (Left), One of those excellent ideas for something you could just wear and wear and wear.















And a final dress I just can't make up my mind about,
either Roksanda Ilincic is playing a game of The Emperors New Clothes and this is actually a hideous dress, or I have a worrying suspicion that wearing this I'd feel powerful, very 80's and like I had something no one else could come close to. I'd say for the confident fashion forward only, a dress like this needs a lot of attitude to pull off - which is the reason I probably wouldn't ever go for it..






xx

No comments:

Post a Comment