Thursday, March 11, 2010

宜家

We'd only been back in Nanjing a day and our first port of call? IKEA, or 宜家 as it's known out here. I know its called 宜家 because it turned up in our school text book. Now that is globalization in ACTION! I'd never felt so middle-class student-y as when we rocked up big blue bags at the ready. Well, I've not felt that student-y since last semester when we also went within 2 days of arrival...Unfortunately we needed various things for our flat and the success of these global brands is due to the fact they're very good at what they do. I would have preferred to get a duvet and some sort of shelving and a mirror from Chinese stores, but we checked out the biggest ones near us and there was so little choice and the quality of what they had was piss poor. At least when you buy from IKEA you know what you're getting and at a pretty reasonable price.




















Also I love flat pack furniture so this was a dream come true for me to put my shelves together with the little allen key. So I'm not sure what the point of this blog is, possibly globalization - it makes sense.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment